My name is Cathy Murray and I am the commissioner of BAC Volleyball as well as the treasurer for the Burnsville Volleyball Booster Club, which supports the high school volleyball team.
I am writing to you to let you know that THUNDER JO VOLLEYBALL (club) is a GO this coming season, and in a big way.
Thunder Volleyball is the JO program offered through BAC. We are anticipating and GREAT season and we hope you will join us. And here's why:
1) We will be having teams at the 12's, 13's, 14's and 15's levels! We already have committed coaches on board at EACH LEVEL who are eager to get to work. And Varsity coach, Beth Raebel, has committed to coaching our 14's team! This means consistent coaching throughout HS AND Club season!!
2) Thunder Volleyball is AFFORDABLE! Compared to other clubs in the area, we are hundreds of dollars less. We anticipate our fees for 2017-2018 to be around $1200 - $1800, depending on your team. I know what you are thinking - 'that's not affordable!', but I assure you, it is. Take a look at other clubs' costs and you will see just how affordable Thunder is. And best of all....we offer SCHOLARSHIPS for those who may need it. We will work with you to come up with a plan that works for everyone involved. We just want Burnsville girls to play IN Burnsville.
3) All practices will be held in ISD #191 schools. There will be 2 practices a week, each lasting 1.5-2 hours. This means that no one will have to travel far for practices, especially on those cold and snowy nights. We will play anywhere from 6-8 tournaments (possibly more), mostly in the Twin Cities metro area with a couple in Rochester and/or Mankato. YOUR FEES INCLUDE TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEES, so the only additional cost on these out-of-town tournaments (meaning Rochester and/or Mankato) will be lodging and meals. And again, we can work with you to make these trips affordable as well.
4) Playing Thunder Volleyball will provide the opportunity for the girls to play TOGETHER, as a TEAM, far longer than just the HS season. Playing together provides consistency, a strong team bond and a force to be reckoned with!!
5) Our season ends late April/early May so the girls can participate in Spring sports if they choose.
6) Did I mention it's AFFORDABLE!!??!!
Tryouts for 12's, 13's and 14's will be Monday, October 30th (Location TBD) with tryouts for 15's being on Monday, November 13th (again, Location TBD).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact anyone in the Thunder Organization. If I don't know the answer, I will find someone who does!!
If you have questions about what training you need to take please talk to your coaches. If you have any issues accessing the information from the links listed above please email me (
) or give me a call.
One of the topics during our Parent/Player meeting is related to the Positive Coaching Alliance organization. We have been strong proponents of this organization for the last 10 years. The 3 basic concepts relating to Coaching, Parents, and Competitors are:
The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more-important goal of life lessons through sports;
The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing; and
The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport on three levels by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
As coaches we will strive to be Double-Goal coaches and will work with our players to help them become Triple-Impact Competitors. We hope you will also see the value and will strive to be Second-Goal Parents.
Please click here to visit the Positive Coaching web site to learn more about this organization. There are some great tools for parents to help them to have positive interactions with their athlete's.